Friday, October 1, 2010

The Eve of the Trip

The day began as I expect the rest of the week to go on...

After finally packing the rental truck beyond its natural born capacity, I wended my way up to San Francisco to meet Guido at the airport.
Naturally I got to the arrivals gate before realizing I had left my phone in the car. After running back for it, I returned and waited at the wrong gate for 15 mins before wandering over to the correct one, where I found a Dutchman. A Dutchman, it transpired, who had forgotten to bring my phone number.

Our mutual ineptitude knows no bounds. Watch this space to see if we do indeed make it across the States in one piece.

More tomorrow - including lovely pictures in full technicolor, and an introduction to the Condiment Map.

N.

1 comment:

  1. I believe beginning a trip with a heavy dose of irony is considered good luck in some countries.

    ReplyDelete